This week’s Take 5 comes to us courtesy of Jen Pinkston, the fabulous LA-based Stylist/Blogger & all-around awesome Lady behind The Effortless Chic. I recently contributed to Jen’s “Jet Set” Series (check out the post here), so she was sweet enough to return the favor, despite her crazy schedule – she’s currently traveling through Australia/Bali!
In Jen’s words:
“First of all, I have to tell you that I am writing this post from Melbourne, Australia and I told myself that if a product wasn’t important enough to pack with me to Oz, then it wasn’t allowed to be included in this list! I have to admit I am actually pretty fickle when it comes to beauty products as a whole. I end up with a lot of different things from gifting suites, red carpet events and holiday gifts from vendors. I feel terrible wasting them so they accumulate under my sink and I hop from product to product trying to use them all up! This said, if I go out of my way to buy something specific over and over then I truly love it! These five products definitely fall into that category!
1. Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant: This product is the equivalent of getting a facial, but without the appointment and hassle. I use it a couple of times a week and it keeps my skin feeling extra smooth!
2. Laura Mercier Creme Brulee Souffle Body Cream: This is the beauty obsession that has been around the longest for me. In high school my friend Desiree and I would go to the Saks Fifth Avenue in Austin– this was before they had Barney’s or Neiman Marcus– and each purchase this. It was before I could afford to splurge on clothes or shoes so this was my extra special purchase whenever I had extra cash. It smells so delicious and leaves your skin super soft!
3. Toothy Tabs by Lush Cosmetics: I was on a work trip to Puerto Rico last year and realized in my packing haste that I had forgotten my toothpaste! Luckily my friend Emily has packed an extra pack of these. I thought they were so weird at first but I swear your teeth feel like you have just left the dentist office after you use them! Plus, there are no preservatives, aluminum, or artificial ingredients like normal toothpastes.
4. Aveda Blue Malva Shampoo and Conditioner: This is another product that I started using in high school, then experimented with others over the years, and have recently come back to. It keeps my hair super blonde and moisturized and isn’t nearly as expensive as some color shampoos. If you’re blonde, you have to try this shampoo!
5. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose: I think this is every girl’s favorite lip balm. As much as I would love to be a lipstick every day girl, this product keeps my lips moist and gives them a hint of color without the upkeep of heavy lipstick.”
Thank you for these awesome tips, Jen!! The Lush”Toothy Tabs” got me super curious…