This week’s “Take 5” features the lovely Nikia Jefferson’s personal favorites. Nikia is a fellow Chicago Fashionista – her blog, Chitown Fashionista, is a fantastic resource for everything & anything a local style lover might want to know about!
In Nikia’s words:
1. Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer -This tinted moisturizer has great coverage, hydrates my skin and provides sun protection. I can now store away my foundation and rely on this to give me a smooth look without feeling heavy on my skin.
2. Buxom Big and Healthy Lip Polish in “Brandi”– I practically live in this lip gloss. “Brandi” made me a pink lip color believer and has proven to be a great neutral. It has plumping power (which I absolutely don’t need), but that initial tingly sensation is a small price to pay for such an amazing color. And to be quite honest, I kinda like it.
3. L’Occitane Pure Shea Butter – I use this mainly as a nighttime face moisturizer and it leaves my skin hydrated and soft. Yes, it’s a bit pricey at $40 a tin. But a little goes such a long way. Plus, this multi-purpose product can be used on hands, feet, elbows and anywhere else that needs some extra TLC.
4. Belli Anti Blemish Face Wash – I started using this wash during my pregnancy, due to its lack of harmful ingredients. Now, six months after giving birth, it’s still in heavy rotation. It’s an effective cleanser and the lemon scent always leaves me feeling refreshed. This is perfect for anyone looking to address acne-prone skin and blemishes…no baby bump needed.
5. Relax + Reign Orange Peel Scrub by Dirt – I first spotted this locally made scrub at Dose Market. Then a friend gave it to me as a birthday present and my life was forever changed. Sure, it’s a great smelling exfoliant. But it’s the essential oils that takes this scrub to a whole new level and turns a regular shower into a mini spa experience.
Thank you, Nikia, for letting us glimpse into your beauty routine!